Lista obiektów i miejsc w pobliżu
  • Cultural Heritage
    Mysłowice
    The best place to learn about the history of Mysłowice is the City Museum, which has been operating in the building of the Central Museum of Firefighting at 7a Stadionowa Street since 2006. The permanent exhibition includes archaeological, ethnographic (a traditional Silesian flat has been arranged here), memorabilia from the period of the Silesian Uprisings and the plebiscite. The exhibits illustrate the history of the industry and the sport in Mysłowice. The most valuable object in the museum's collection is a time zone clock from 1877.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Mysłowice
    "The origins of the Central Museum of Firefighting in Mysłowice date back to 1974, when a social committee to organize the museum was established. Already after a year, one could see an exhibition house in the building of the old police prison. Since the early 90s of the last century, the museum has been operating in its present location. Everyone will be interested in its great collection of firefighting equipment, uniforms, decorations and medals, anners, archives and many other exhibits."
  • Cultural Heritage
    Mysłowice
    The Church under the Invocation of Peter and Paul the Apostles in Mysłowice was built between 1875 and 1877. It was founded by a young evangelical community, which had been active in the city only since the mid-nineteenth century. The neo-Gothic church was built of brick. The interior has one nave with matronea and a small choir. The decoration mainly refers to neo-Gothic. In the nineteenth century, for several years, the parish administrator was Fr. Jerzy Badura, a meritorious Polish national activist in Silesia.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Mysłowice
    For nearly half the period of the partitions, Three Emperors' Corner, known in German as Dreikaisereck marked the border of the Russian Empire, Austria-Hungary and the German Empire. In 1846, after the liquidation of the Grand Duchy of Cracow, border stones were placed in the area along the Biała Pszemsza river (between Austria and Russia), the Pszemsza (between Austria and Russia), Przemsza (between Austria and Prussia) and the Czarna Pszemsza (Austro-Prussian border). To be exact, it should be added that, after 1867, Austria became the Austro-Hungarian Empire and the Kingdom of Prussia the area became part of united Germany in 1871.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Sosnowiec
    There are three Jewish cemeteries in today’s Sosnowiec. The largest of them, located at Gospodarcza Street, was established in the late nineteenth century and is still being used. On the cemetery we can encounter beautiful examples of Jewish sepulchral art, such as the ohel grave of Rabbi Meir Gitler. The oldest cemetery in Sosnowiec is found in Modrzejów. It may have been founded at the turn of the eighteenth and nineteenth centuries. The third and the smallest cemetery are located at Stalowa Street.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Mysłowice
    Modern Powstańców Street in Mysłowice was founded in the nineteenth century, as a link of the city center with the train station, which was very important for its development. For many years, it was called Bahnhofstrasse, i.e. Station Street. Along the street there are historic buildings such as the Eclectic town hall, a neo-renaissance villa of the Kuder family, an Evangelical church, townhouses and the building of the former Emigration Agency with a distinctive passageway.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Mysłowice
    In Brzęczkowice, a district of Mysłowice, it is worthwhile to see the Church of Our Lady of Sorrows, whose basement houses a very interesting museum – the Cardinal August Hlond Missionary Museum created by missionary Fr. Andrzej Halemba. Here, we can mainly see ethnographic collections from three continents: Africa, South America and Oceania. The natural history exhibition is also very interesting. Many photos and videos tell us about the traditional culture of the peoples among whom Polish missionaries work.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Mysłowice
    The chapel located in Mysłowice at the present Krakowska Street is called the Jarlik chapel. It is one of the city’s landmarks. In 1745, a small chapel was founded here by Mr. and Mrs. Jarlik. They founded it because of Prussian persecution. The authorities put ban on traditional processions to the places, which then lay across the Polish border.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Mysłowice
    In the second half of the nineteenth century, a thorough reform of the judiciary was carried out in the Kingdom of Prussia. As a result, in 1878, Mysłowice became the seat of the Prussian Royal Court of the District, and in 1889, of the Royal Municipal Court. In the years 1895-1906, an impressive, Eclectic courthouse was erected in the city center (at the present-day Krakowska Street), at which a neo-Gothic prison building was constructed.
  • Cultural Heritage
    Mysłowice
    The church of the Sacred Heart of Jesus in Mysłowice was built in the late nineteenth century. It was erected in the rapidly growing industrial city, where the then existing parish church could not accommodate the growing number of the faithful. The brick building is neo-Gothic. It is a three-nave church with a transept and a tower of up to 70 meters. Inside, it is worthwhile to see figures of the 12 apostles placed by the pillars.