For nearly half the period of the partitions,
Three Emperors' Corner, known in German as
Dreikaisereck marked the border of the Russian
Empire, Austria-Hungary and the German
Empire. In 1846, after the liquidation of the
Grand Duchy of Cracow, border stones were
placed in the area along the Biała Pszemsza
river (between Austria and Russia), the
Pszemsza (between Austria and Russia),
Przemsza (between Austria and Prussia) and
the Czarna Pszemsza (Austro-Prussian border).
To be exact, it should be added that, after
1867, Austria became the Austro-Hungarian
Empire and the Kingdom of Prussia the area
became part of united Germany in 1871.